The 5 Most Common Oven ProblemsMarch 9, 2018
The Importance of Regular Appliance MaintenanceMay 17, 2019
Taking care of all of your household appliances will ensure they last their entire life expectancy.
Appliances have become such a part of our day-to-day life, that we find ourselves taking advantage of them. When they break down or stop working, we realize how much we use and need them. Thankfully, there are tasks we can do to ensure our appliances stay maintained and working, using up their full life expectancy. So, below are a few tips on how to take better care of your appliances:
- The best place to start is by taking better care of your refrigerator is the condenser coils. When your refrigerator’s condenser coils become dusty, they work less efficiently, resulting in wasted energy being used to try to keep the refrigerator’s temperature cool. Condenser coils should be cleaned every six months by brushing and vacuuming up the debris.
- It would also be a good idea to clean the refrigerator’s doors gaskets to keep the warmth out and to help the refrigerator not work as hard.
- A washing machine is similar to a dryer in the sense that they both have filters and traps. Like dryers, a washing machine filter (some are not accessible) should also be cleaned regularly. Cleaning the filter will keep your clothes free of lint and will extend your washing machine’s life.
- Checking your washing machine’s hoses would also help keep your machine maintained and working properly.
- The first thing you will want to do to take better care of your dryer is to clean the lint filter every time you put in a load. About ⅓ of dryer-related fires are caused by lint filters that are dirty and full. Removing the lint every time you run your dryer will keep it maintained and safe.
- You will also want to have the dryer vent tubes professionally inspected and cleaned at least once a year.
At Sarah’s Appliance Repair, we can come to inspect and fix any and all appliances you may have. We can come to ensure you are taking the best care of your appliances and make sure they’re in the best shape. Call us today to schedule an appointment if you have a broken appliance or need a maintenance check.